The following is a press release regarding kindergarten registration for the 2013-14 school year.
Burlington Public Schools
Student Information Office
123 Cambridge Street
Burlington, MA 01803
Phone (781) 270-8179
Fax (781) 229-4893
PRESS RELEASE – KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Registration of children entering Kindergarten in September 2013 will be held the following dates and times at the
elementary school they will be attending:
- Francis Wyman School – February 4th, 5th, and 6th – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Fox Hill School – February 7th and 8th – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Memorial School – February 11th, 12th, and 13th – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Pine Glen School – February 14th and 15th – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
If you are unable to attend registration for your child at the above dates and times, you may register your
child at The Student Information Office located at the Burlington High School beginning Monday, February
25, 2013 thru Friday, March 1, 2013 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. We will also hold registration
during the evening of February 27, 2012 between the hours of 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Please refer to the link
http://j.mp/UJTx9b for a list of street address and elementary school listings.
A child entering kindergarten must have attained the age of five by August 31, 2013. At the time of registration,
parents are required to bring:
- Original birth certificate for your child.
- Two proofs of residency need to be provided in the Town of Burlington. This requirement can be satisfied
- with: settlement document on a new home, presentation of a lease, a recent utility bill, bank statement,
- payroll records, insurance bill, DTA benefit verifications.
- Medical forms with current physical and up-to-date immunizations must be completed by your physician
- and returned to school two (2) days prior to the opening of school. Children will not be able to attend
- school in September 2013 unless a complete medical form is provided. Your family physician
- must detail that your child has been given the following immunizations and also indicate the dates the
- immunizations were given:
-5 doses Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus (DTaP)
-4 doses Polio
-3 doses Hepatitis B
-2 doses Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
-2 doses of Varicella Vaccine or Chicken Pox disease
-Proof of Lead Screening
-Vision and Hearing Screening
The medical forms can be picked up at registration or by referring to the following links: