PRESS RELEASE – KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Registration of children entering Kindergarten in September 2014 will be held the following dates and times at the elementary school they will be attending:
- Francis Wyman School – February 3rd and 4th – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Fox Hill School – February 5th and 6th – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Memorial School – February 10th and 11th – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Pine Glen School – February 12th and 13th – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
If you are unable to attend registration for your child at the above dates and times, you may register your child at The Student Information Office located at the Burlington High School beginning Monday, February 24, 2014 thru Friday, February 28, 2014 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. We will also hold registration during the evening of February 26, 2014 between the hours of 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Please refer to the link http://j.mp/UJTx9b for a list of street address and elementary school listings.
A child entering kindergarten must have attained the age of five by August 31, 2014. At the time of registration, parents are required to bring:
- Original birth certificate for your child.
- Two proofs of residency need to be provided in the Town of Burlington. One proof must be: a settlement document on a new home, presentation of a lease, a recent mortgage statement or property tax bill. The second proof can be satisfied with a recent utility bill, bank statement, payroll records or insurance bill.
- Medical forms with current physical and up-to-date immunizations must be completed by your physician and returned to school two (2) days prior to the opening of school. Children will not be able to attend school in September 2014 unless a complete medical form is provided. Your family physician must detail that your child has been given the following immunizations and also indicate the dates the immunizations were given:
5 doses Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus (DTaP) 4 doses Polio
3 doses Hepatitis B
2 doses Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
2 doses of Varicella Vaccine or Chicken Pox disease Proof of Lead Screening
Vision and Hearing Screening
The medical forms can be picked up at registration or by referring to the following links: